Many people use their reward travel points and miles for first class travel to many destinations worldwide. First class travel is not part of our strategy since we are trying to take 10 missions trips per year to 10 countries, and we need to stretch our airline miles and travel points. For a vacation or business trip, first class travel is a great benefit.
As you plan your future award first class travel, considering such things as to what destinations you want to go to, when you can go, how many frequent flyer miles will it take to get the award trip you want... having an airline award chart comparison and knowing their airline alliance partners is very valuable and helpful information, especially in being able to earn first class reward travel.
Below is a comparison of the award charts of some of the main US domestic airlines, and the frequent flyer miles required to get the first class travel that you want and desire. The destinations include Asia (Japan, Korea, China, Malaysia, Thailand...), Australia and New Zealand, Africa (South Africa, Kenya, Ghana, Zambia...), South America (Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil...), Europe, the Middle East, and Hawaii. Also included below the comparison are links to several of the US airline companies' award charts or award travel information page.
The comparison is for Departures from the Continental US to various travel destinations in the world. The typical number of required frequent flyer miles is per round trip travel per person in first class. The actual number of miles needed for award travel may vary slightly depending on the time of year and the specific dates you select. It is always a good idea to try to check a variety of dates or date ranges if possible.
Departure Location: Continental US
Airlines in Comparison: Alaska Air, American Airlines, Delta, United Airlines
Destinations & Required Miles to Earn Round Trip First Class Award Travel:
* A good knowledge of the alliance airline partners for the above US airline companies is very helpful also to understand how you can travel to various parts of the world. Often times you will be actually travelling on these airlines' partner company, or a combination of their flights and some partner flights.Links to Airline
Alaska Airlines Award Chart
American Airlines Award Chart
Delta Airlines Award Travel Info
United Airlines Award Chart
Bonus Award Travel Credit Cards
One of the fastest ways to build up your Airline Frequent Flyer Miles or your Reward Travel Points is to use Travel & Airline Credit Cards that offer high bonus miles or points that can be used for award travel. Various Banks and Credit Card issuers offer a large variety of travel rewards and airline credit card products for these frequent flyer programs, including:
- American Express (Membership Rewards program with points tranfers to Aeromexico, Air Canada, Air France/KLM, ANA, Cathay Pacific, Delta, Emirates, Hawaiian Air, Iberia, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantics...)
- American Express Delta Cards (personal & business)
- Bank Of America Travel Cards (award flights through their system)
- Bank Of America Alaska Air Cards (personal & business)
- Barclays Cards (American AAdvantage, Hawaiian Air, JetBlue)
- Capital One Travel Cards (award flights on many airlines through their system)
- Chase (Ultimate Rewards program with points transfers to Air France, British Airways, KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest, United, Virgin Atlantic)
- Chase Airline Cards (British Airways, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines)
- Citi (Thank You rewards program for flights on many airlines)
- Citi American Airlines Cards (personal & business)
- US Bank Flex Perks Cards (award flights thru Travelocity)
- Various other banks and card issuers offer card products, including Synchrony, TD Bank, Wells Fargo...
Other Interesting Articles & Topics:
Happy Travelling !