In this post we will share with you some details and information that will hopefully help you know more about many of the airline frequent flyer programs and point you in the right direction towards becoming a member of their programs. In this post we will share with you key basic information about domestic US airline programs.
We recommend that you evaluate which airlines and frequent flyer programs will be useful to you (depending on where you live and fly out of, your regular &/or desired future destinations, the credit card issuing company/companies related to the frequent flyer programs...), and then join them as soon as possible (if you have not done so already). It is always a good thing to be organized and have a plan.
partners with Aeromexico, Air France/KLM, American Air, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Condor, Emirates, Fiji Air, Finnair, Hainan Air, Japan Air, Korean Air, Latam, and Qantas.
One World partners with Air Berlin, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Air, Korean Air, Lan, Malaysia Air, Qantas, Qatar Airlines, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines, Sri Lanka Airlines, and TAM Airlines.
Sky Team partners with Aerolineas Argentina, Aeromexico, Air Europa, Air France/KLM, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, Czech Airlines, Kenya Airways, Korean Air, Saudia, Vietnam Airlines, Xiamen Air.
Domestic round trip awards for 20,000 miles to 56 cities including Atlanta, Austin TX, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Miami, New York... Flights also to Cuba, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Puerto Rico.
Partners with ANA Airways, JetBlue, Korean Air, Virgin America, Virgin America, Virgin Australia for domestic and international flights. They have flights to Hawaii and LA, Las Vegas, New York, San Diego...
Partners with Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Air China, Air India, ANA, Avianca, Azul, British Airways, Brussels Air, Cape Air, Cathay Pacific, China Air, Condor, Egypt Air, Emirates, Etihad, Hawaiian, Iberia, Iceland Air, Japan Air, Korean Air, Latam, Lot Airlines, Lufthansa, Qatar, Singapore Air, TAP, Turkish Air...
Offer free Companion Pass at 110,000 miles. Domestic flights to many cities including Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Orlando... International flights to Aruba, Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Mexico...
Star Alliance partners with Aegean, Air Canada, Air China, Air India, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Air, Austrian, Avianca, Brussels Air, Copa Air, Egypt Air, Ethiopian Air, Eva Air, Lot Polish Air, Lufthansa, Scandanavian, Singapore Airlines, South African Air, Swiss Air, TAP Portugal, Thai, Turkish.
Various Banks and Credit Card issuers offer a large variety of travel rewards and airline credit card products for these frequent flyer programs, including:
- American Express (Membership Rewards program with points tranfers to Aeromexico, Air Canada, Air France/KLM, ANA, Cathay Pacific, Delta, Emirates, Hawaiian Air, Iberia, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantics...)
- American Express Delta Cards (personal & business)
- Bank Of America Travel Cards (award flights through their system)
- Bank Of America Alaska Air Cards (personal & business)
- Barclays Cards (American AAdvantage, Hawaiian Air, JetBlue)
- Capital One Travel Cards (award flights on many airlines through their system)
- Chase (Ultimate Rewards program with points transfers to Air France, British Airways, KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest, United, Virgin Atlantic)
- Chase Airline Cards (British Airways, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines)
- Citi (Thank You rewards program for flights on many airlines)
- Citi American Airlines Cards (personal & business)
- US Bank Flex Perks Cards (award flights thru Travelocity)
- Various other banks and card issuers offer card products, including Synchrony, TD Bank, Wells Fargo...
Other Interesting Articles & Topics:
Happy Travelling !