Airline award charts are invaluable tools when you want to find out the quickest and best way to earn free travel with airline and travel miles and points. A comparison of airline awards to various destinations such as Asia, Australia, Africa, Hawaii, South America... is a very helpful and valuable tool. Once you know your desired destination, you can see the quickest way to get enough airline miles or travel points for free travel. Then you can plan and choose the airline credit cards or travel credit cards and other methods to earn enough miles or points for your trip.
Airline Award Charts Comparison
As you plan your future free reward travel, considering such things as to what destinations you want to go to, when you can go, how many frequent flyer miles or points will it take to get the award trip you want... having an airline award charts comparison and knowing their airline alliance partners is very valuable and helpful information.
Below is an airline award charts comparison of some of the main US domestic airlines and some international airlines. It shows the number of frequent flyer miles or points required to earn free travel to various destinations. The destinations include Asia (Japan, Korea, China, Malaysia, Thailand...), Australia and New Zealand, Africa (South Africa, Kenya, Ghana, Zambia...), South America (Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil...), Europe, the Middle East, and Hawaii. Also included below the comparison are links to several of the airline companies' award charts or award travel information page.
The airline award chart comparison is for departures from the Continental US to various travel destinations in the world. The typical number of required frequent flyer miles is per round trip travel per person in economy class. The actual number of miles needed for award travel may vary slightly depending on the time of year and the specific dates you select. It is always a good idea to try to check a variety of dates or date ranges if possible.
Departure Location: Continental US
Airlines in Comparison: Air France, Alaska Air, American Airlines, ANA, Delta Airlines, United Airlines
Destinations & Required Miles to Earn Round Trip Award Travel:
- Click here for our First Class Airline Award Charts Comparison
- Alaska Airlines is included in the comparison because they offer some of the best award travel possibilities, because the number of required award miles are lower than many other airlines.
- A good knowledge of the alliance airline partners for the above US airline companies is very helpful also to understand how you can travel to various parts of the world. Often times you will be actually travelling on these airlines' partner airline, or a combination of their flights and some partner flights.
Links to Airline Award Charts
Alaska Airlines Award Chart
American Airlines Award Chart
Delta Airlines Award Travel Info
United Airlines Award Chart Air France/KLM Flying Blue Award Calculator ANA Award Chart Singapore Airlines Award Chart*
* Singapore Airlines is not in the above award chart comparison, but there are a couple of destinations where you would need less Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer miles to earn free travel.
Lowest Amount Of Miles Or Points Required For Free Travel (Round Trip Economy Class):
Asia 1 (Japan, Korea) 50,000 miles Alaska Air , 60,000 miles ANA
Asia 2 (China, Malaysia...) 60-70k miles Alaska Air , 65-70k miles American Airlines
Africa North 65,000 miles ANA , 70,000 miles Delta
Africa South 65,000 miles ANA , 70,000 miles Delta
Australia / New Zealand 70,000 miles United , 75,000 miles ANA
Europe 40-55k miles Alaska Air , 45,000 Singapore Airlines
Hawaii 30,000 miles Air France , 40-45k miles Alaska and ANA
Middle East 50-80k miles Air France , 65,000 miles ANA
South America (North) 30,000 miles Alaska Airlines , 35-40k miles American (Colombia, Ecuador)
South America (South) 40,000 miles Alaska Airlines , 55,000 miles ANA (Argentina, Brazil, Chile...)
Bonus Award Travel Credit Cards
One of the fastest ways to build up your Airline Frequent Flyer Miles or your Reward Travel Points is to use Travel & Airline Credit Cards. Many offer high bonus miles or points that can be used for free award travel.
Where To Get Airline Credit Cards or Travel Program Points For Free Travel
Here is a summary of the majority of airline credit cards, hotel credit cards, and travel credit cards. This will show you the bank or credit card company, if they have their own travel rewards program, and the airline & hotel credit cards they offer.
- American Express (Membership Rewards program with points transfers to Aeromexico, Air Canada, Air France / KLM, ANA, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Delta, Emirates, Hawaiian Air, Iberia, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantic...)
- American Express Delta Cards (personal & business)
- Amex Starwood Preferred Guest Cards (personal & business)
- Banco Popular Avianca Cards (Vida and Vuela cards for Avianca Airlines)
- Banco Popular American Airlines AAdvantage Cards (3 AAdvantage cards)
- Bank Of America Travel Cards (award flights through their system)
- Bank Of America Alaska Air Cards (personal & business)
- Bank Of America Merryll Lynch Card ($750-1000 free travel)
- Barclays Cards (American AAdvantage, Hawaiian Air, JetBlue)
- Capital One Travel Cards (award flights on many airlines through their system)
- Chase Ultimate Rewards program with points transfers to Air France, British Airways, KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest, United, Virgin Atlantic
- Chase Airline Cards (British Airways, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines)
- Citi (ThankYou rewards program for free or discount flights on many airlines)
- Citi American Airlines Cards (personal & business)
- US Bank Flex Perks Cards (award flights thru Travelocity)
- Various other banks and card issuers offer card products, including Synchrony, TD Bank, Wells Fargo...
Other Interesting Articles & Topics:
Happy Travelling !