United Airlines MileagePlus is giving customers a chance to get up to 40% bonus miles when they buy United Airlines miles. Your bonus is determined by the quantity of United MileagePlus miles that you purchase.
United Airlines Miles: Buy MileagePlus Miles & Get Up To 40% Bonus
United Airlines has a promotion for customers that buy MileagePlus miles. You get a bonus of up to 40% for buying United Airlines miles. Even with a 40% bonus, it is hardly worth the money to buy miles... unless you absolutely have to have United Airlines miles for an upcoming trip.
- Buy 5,000 - 14,000 United MileagePlus miles = Get 20% bonus
- Buy 15,000 - 29,000 United MileagePlus miles = Get 30% bonus
- Buy 30,000 - 107,000 United MileagePlus miles = Get 40% bonus
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT on October 16, 2017
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year
The reason it is usually not worth the money to buy miles is that the miles are expensive, even with a bonus of up to 40%. Here are the costs per mile breakdown:
- Buy 5000 miles, receive 6000 miles; the cost is $175.00 (2.92 cents/mile)
- Buy 20000 miles, receive 26000 miles; the cost is $700 (2.69 cents/mile)
- Buy 40000 miles, receive 56000 miles; the cost is $1400 (2.5 cents/mile)
Conclusion: Even with a 40% bonus, it is hardly worth the money to buy United Airlines miles. United MileagePlus miles are not worth even close to 2.5 cents. Unless you really need United Airlines miles quick. If you absolutely have to buy miles, then now would be a good time to get some bonus miles. The promotion ends October 16.
Check here for a list of Airline & Hotel & Travel Credit Cards
Other Interesting Articles & Topics:
Book Hotels & Find Great Hotel Deals (over 1.4 million hotels)
Happy Travelling !