Alaska Airlines is giving customers a chance to get up to a 40% bonus when they buy miles. The Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan 40% bonus promotion is for a limited time. Depending on how many miles you buy, you can get between 20% to 40% in bonus miles.
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan 40% Bonus For Buying Miles
Alaska Airlines has a new promotion to entice customers to buy Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles. You get up to a 40% bonus for buying Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles. The Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan 40% bonus promotion is for a limited time only.
Alaska Airlines is not a member of an airline alliance, but they do have airline partnerships in their Mileage Plan frequent flyer program. Alaksa Airlines Mileage Plan partners with Aeromexico, Air France/KLM, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Condor, Emirates, Fiji Air, Finnair, Hainan Air, Japan Air, Korean Air, Latam, and Qantas.
Even with a 40% bonus , it is normally not worth the money to buy miles... unless you absolutely have to have Alaska Airlines miles for an upcoming trip. Here are the details of the promotion:
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan 40% Bonus Promotion is through 11:59 pm PST on December 28, 2017
- The miles must be purchased in multiples of 1000
- The minimum miles to purchase per transaction is 1000 miles
- The maximum miles you can purchase is 60,000 miles
- Miles are purchased for a cost of $27.50 per 1000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax ($29.56 per 1000 miles)
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status
- Bonus percentage depends on the quanitity of miles purchased:
- 10,000 – 19,000 miles = 20% bonus
- 20,000 – 29,000 miles = 30% bonus
- 30,000 – 60,000 miles = 40% bonus
- Example of Mileage Plan miles purchases and costs:
- Buy 10,000 Lifemiles = Receive 12,000 Lifemiles ; Cost = $275.00 + tax
- Buy 20,000 Lifemiles = Receive 26,000 Lifemiles ; Cost = $550.00 + tax
- Buy 60,000 Lifemiles = Receive 84,000 Lifemiles ; Cost = $1650.00 + tax
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan 40% Bonus Promotion Link
Recommendation: Normally we are not fans of buying miles from airlines, since it is hard to justify the cost. The cost of buying miles in this Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan 40% bonus promotion depends on the quantity of miles you purchase. If you purchase 10,000 to 19,000 and get a 20% bonus, the cost comes out to 2.46 cents per miles, including tax. If you receive a 30% bonus (20,000-29,000 miles) the cost is 2.27 cents per mile including tax. If you get the 40% bonus (30,000-60,000 miles) the cost is 2.11 cents per miles including tax.
It is very hard to justify buying miles at these costs, even with the 40% maximum bonus. Unless you really need Alaska Airlines miles fast, there are better ways of earning miles.
You can find more information about airline & travel credit cards here:
Here are some other helpful articles you might be interested in. These can help you live a frugal and debt free life, and make the most of your finances:
More useful links & information on how to earn free travel, and on other airline credit cards, hotel and travel airline credit cards to help you to earn free travel:
Book Hotels & Find Great Hotel Deals (over 1.4 million hotels)
Airline credit cards and hotel & travel credit cards are the best way to earn enough miles or points to enjoy free travel, whether for business or for vacation.
There are also other ways you can earn airline and travel miles or points.
Happy traveling !