Avianca is giving customers a chance to get a 145% bonus when they buy Avianca LifeMiles miles. The Avianca LifeMiles Cyber Week promotion is valid only during this week. Check out the details.
Avianca LifeMiles Cyber Week Promotion: Buy Miles & Get 145% Bonus
Avianca has a cyber week promotion to entice customers to buy Avianca LifeMiles. You get a 145% bonus for buying Avianca LifeMiles. The promotion only runs this week.
Avianca is a member of the Star Alliance and they have some low miles required for award travel, so they are a good option. Other Star Alliance members include United Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Copa Airlines, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, South African Airlines, Swiss Air and others.
Even with a 145% bonus , it is normally not worth the money to buy miles... unless you absolutely have to have Avianca LifeMiles for an upcoming trip. It could be worth buying the Avianca LifeMiles with a 145% bonus, but it depends on what type of trip you want to take and where. Here are the details of the promotion:
- Avianca LifeMiles Cyber Week Promotion runs from November 20-27
- The miles must be purchased in multiples of 1000
- The minimum miles to purchase per transaction is 1000 LifeMiles
- The maximum miles to purchase per transaction during this promotion to receive the bonus showed above is 200,000 LifeMiles if the member has not purchased miles in 2017 or 200,000 LifeMiles minus the miles previously purchased by the member in 2017
- Each package of 1000 LifeMiles costs USD $33.00 without applicable taxes and USD $40.26 including applicable taxes
- Example LifeMiles purchases and costs:
- Buy 5000 Lifemiles = Receive 12,250 Lifemiles ; Cost = $165.00 + tax
- Buy 10,000 Lifemiles = Receive 24,500 Lifemiles ; Cost = $330.00 + tax
- Buy 25,000 Lifemiles = Receive 61,250 Lifemiles ; Cost = $825.00 + tax
- Buy 50,000 Lifemiles = Receive 122,500 Lifemiles ; Cost = $1650.00 + tax
- Cyber Week Promotion Link
Recommendation: Normally we are not fans of buying miles from airlines, since it is hard to justify the cost. The cost of buying LifeMiles in this promotion comes out to 1.6 cents per miles, including tax, which isn't too bad.
There may be some trips and destinations that buying Avianca LifeMiles with this bonus may be justified, but it all depends on the trip, destination, and class you fly.
You can find more information about airline & travel credit cards here:
Here are some other helpful articles you might be interested in. These can help you live a frugal and debt free life, and make the most of your finances:
More useful links & information on how to earn free travel, and on other airline credit cards, hotel and travel airline credit cards to help you to earn free travel:
Book Hotels & Find Great Hotel Deals (over 1.4 million hotels)
Airline credit cards and hotel & travel credit cards are the best way to earn enough miles or points to enjoy free travel, whether for business or for vacation.
There are also other ways you can earn airline and travel miles or points.
Happy traveling !