Delta Airlines is making changes to who and how you can access their SkyClub airport lounges. Access to Delta Airlines SkyClub lounges will change effective January 1, 2019. The access policy changes are designed to try to restrict the number of people who will be able to access the Delta Airlines SkyClub lounges.
Delta Airlines SkyClub Lounges: Changes Coming In 2019
Changes are coming to the Delta Airlines SkyClub lounges. Specifically the changes are for who and how you can access the Delta Airlines SkyClub lounges.
- Delta SkyClub members and their guests will only be eligible to access Delta SkyClub when traveling on a flight operated by Delta or its partner airlines.
- SkyClub members can access SkyClub lounges when traveling same day ticketed Delta or partner flights (previously could access even when flying on other airlines).
- Sky Club members will lose access to Delta partner lounges (currently members can access select Air France, KLM and Virgin Australia lounges)
- American Express Platinum and Centurion card holders must pay a fee of $29 for guests (previously free, access already required a same day Delta ticket)
- American Express Reserve cardholders get complimentary club access when traveling on Delta marketed or operated flights on Delta ticket stock. Guests must pay a $29 fee and they must be traveling or Delta or partner airlines
- American Express Delta Gold & Platinum card holders can pay $29 to access the club when traveling on Delta or partner airlines (previously you could fly on any airline)
- Changes to Delta Airlines SkyClub lounges access rules will be effective January 1, 2019
You can find more information about airline & travel credit cards here:
Here are some other helpful articles you might be interested in. These can help you live a frugal and debt free life, and make the most of your finances:
More useful links & information on how to earn free travel, and on other airline credit cards, hotel and travel airline credit cards to help you to earn free travel:
Book Hotels & Find Great Hotel Deals (over 1.4 million hotels)
Airline credit cards and hotel & travel credit cards are the best way to earn enough miles or points to enjoy free travel, whether for business or for vacation.
There are also other ways you can earn airline and travel miles or points.
Happy traveling !