There are some airlines that will allow you to get a credit if you buy a flight and then the price drops later. The credit is for the difference between the price you paid for your flight and the new price. Alaska Airlines, JetBlue, and Southwest Airlines are some airlines that have a price drop policy. The JetBlue price drop policy changes are not so good for their customers.
JetBlue Price Drop Policy Changes Effective Immediately
JetBlue recently announced changes to it's price drop policy. The JetBlue price drop policy changes will negatively impact some customers, and are effective immediately.
Here are the details to the JetBlue price drop policy changes:
- In the old JetBlue price drop policy if a fare price dropped within 14 days of buying it, you could get a voucher credit for a future flight for the difference in price.
- In the new JetBlue price drop policy you only have 5 days to get a voucher credit if the price drops. In other words, there needs to be a drop in price within 5 days and not 14 days for you to get a voucher credit.
- The voucher credit needs to be done by phone (not online)
- The credit issued for the price difference will be a voucher credit deposited in your JetBlue travel bank.
- You can use the voucher credit in your travel bank for a future flight within 12 months of receiving the credit
- A credit voucher will only be issued if the lower price within 5 days is on an air fare available to the public and not requiring a special promo code.
- A lower sale or promotion price is ok to get a credit voucher, as long as there is no special promo code to get the lower price.
Alaska Airlines Price Drop Policy: You can get a voucher credit for the price difference if your flight price drops at any time before your schedule flight
Southwest Airlines Price Drop Policy: You can change your flight to the new lower price without any change fees. The credit voucher can be used for a future flights at any time in the future.
You can find more information about airline & travel credit cards here:
Here are some other helpful articles you might be interested in. These can help you live a frugal and debt free life, and make the most of your finances:
More useful links & information on how to earn free travel, and on other airline credit cards, hotel and travel airline credit cards to help you to earn free travel:
Book Hotels & Find Great Hotel Deals (over 1.4 million hotels)
Airline credit cards and hotel & travel credit cards are the best way to earn enough miles or points to enjoy free travel, whether for business or for vacation.
There are also other ways you can earn airline and travel miles or points.
Happy traveling !