Lufthansa recently unveiled their new business class design and seats. The new Lufthansa business class design will be on their new fleet of Boeing 777-9 aircraft, which is expected to begin in 2020. Some improvements are also coming on existing Lufthansa business class flights.
Lufthansa Business Class New Seats & Design For Future 777-9 Flights
Lufthansa recently releases a press release with some details of their new Lufthansa business class design. The new seats and cabin design will take effect when they roll out their new fleet of Boeing 777-9 aircraft in 2020. New improvements will be made in the mean time on their existing business class flights.
Here are some of the details of the new Lufthansa business class design and improvements for existing aircraft:
- The new cabins will go into service in 2020, with the introduction of Lufthansa's new fleet of Boeing 777-9 aircraft
- The 777-9 will be industry's largest ever twin engine jetliner and will be 12% more fuel efficient than any other aircraft
- The 777-9 will be capable of accommodating 414 passengers in total
- The new Lufthansa business class seats will be configured in a 1-2-1 and 1-1-1 formation, providing direct aisle access for every passenger
- The middle seat is the most desirable, with a throne style design that provides two surfaces, one on both sides of it
- The spacious new seats can be converted into an extended length bed, or one with twice as much desk space (depending on a passenger's preference)
- Fully flat the beds will measure 220 cm (86.6") and mold around a passenger's shoulder to keep the spine straight (better for people who sleep on their side)
- New HD screens in the new Lufthansa business class will be much larger than current screens, and are able to be controlled by a passenger's personal device
- There will be capability for wireless charging of smartphones and tablets
- Existing business class cabins will have some improvement starting early next year: new mattresses, blankets, and "sleeping sweaters"
Lufthansa operates flights to 18 domestic destinations in Germany and 193 international destinations in 81 countries across Africa, Americas, Asia, and Europe.
You can find more information about airline & travel credit cards here:
Here are some other helpful articles you might be interested in. These can help you live a frugal and debt free life, and make the most of your finances:
More useful links & information on how to earn free travel, and on other airline credit cards, hotel and travel airline credit cards to help you to earn free travel:
Book Hotels & Find Great Hotel Deals (over 1.4 million hotels)
Airline credit cards and hotel & travel credit cards are the best way to earn enough miles or points to enjoy free travel, whether for business or for vacation.
There are also other ways you can earn airline and travel miles or points.
Happy traveling !