Singapore Airlines is a member of the Star Alliance. Some of the Star Alliance airlines include United Airlines, Air Canada, Air New Zealand, ANA, Avianca, Lufthansa,... Singapore Airlines also has partnerships with Alaska Airlines, JetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, and Vistara. Singapore Airlines recently announce changes and new fare types beginning in January 2018.
Singapore Airlines Introducing Revised Air Fare Types
Singapore Airlines is a valuable member of the Star Alliance, which includes United Airlines and many others. Airline alliances can help you to get free travel worldwide.
Singapore Airlines also is one of the best airlines in the world, according to Airlineratings.com's Best Airlines In The World 2018. In the review they were rated as having the Best First Class and the Best Cabin Crew in the world.
Singapore Airlines recently announced changes and revised air fare types that will take effect in January 2018. They are introducing 3 types of economy fares, 2 types of premium economy fares, and 3 types of business fares.
Here are the upcoming changes and revised air fare types for Singapore Airlines:
- Singapore Airlines new air fare types will begin from January 20, 2018
- 3 types of Economy fares: Lite, Standard, and Flexi
- Checked baggage allowance: free for up to 30 or 35kg
- Seat selection fee for Lite Economy fares
- Upgrade with KrisFlyer miles not allowed for Lite Economy fares
- Earn 50% KrisFlyer miles with Lite Economy, 75% with Standard Economy, and 100% with Flexi Economy fares
- Cancellations not allowed on Lite Economy fares
- Flight change fees for Lite and Standard Economy fares
- 2 types of Premium Economy fares: Standard and Flexi
- Upgrade with KrisFlyer miles not allowed for Standard Economy fares
- 3 types of Business fares: Lite, Standard, and Flexi
- Upgrade with KrisFlyer miles not allowed on Lite Business fares
- Cancellations not allowed on Lite Business fares
- Flights change fees for Lite and Standard Business fares
- KrisFlyer award flights:
- There are currently two award types for redemption bookings and flight upgrades – Saver and Standard. From January 20, 2018. Standard awards will be renamed Advantage awards.
- Changes will also be introduced to advance seat selection and baggage allowance. If you are a KrisFlyer Elite Silver or KrisFlyer Elite Gold member, you may select seats from certain categories in advance for free
You can find more information on the Singapore Airlines site: Revised Air Fares
You can find more information about airline & travel credit cards here:
Here are some other helpful articles you might be interested in. These can help you live a frugal and debt free life, and make the most of your finances:
More useful links & information on how to earn free travel, and on other airline credit cards, hotel and travel airline credit cards to help you to earn free travel:
Book Hotels & Find Great Hotel Deals (over 1.4 million hotels)
Airline credit cards and hotel & travel credit cards are the best way to earn enough miles or points to enjoy free travel, whether for business or for vacation.
There are also other ways you can earn airline and travel miles or points.
Happy traveling !