OAG Aviation Worldwide Limited has recently released it's study of the best airlines on time performance and best airports on time performance 2018, based on aviation statistics in 2017. Which airlines have the best on time performance record in the US ? Which airlines have the best on time performance in the world ? Which airports have the best on time performance in the US and world ?
Best Airports On Time Performance In The World 2018
OAG Aviation Worldwide Limited ranked on time performance for airlines and airports based on aviation data from 2017. OAG defines on time as arriving or departing within 15 minutes of the scheduled arrival or departure times.
“Flight delays and cancellations have historically been one of the most stressful aspects of travel” said Mike Benjamin of OAG. “That’s slowly changing as more airports and airlines prioritize on-time performance. In 2017 we saw the investments in punctuality pay off. The US performed exceptionally well against its global counterparts, with 5 airlines and 4 airports finishing in the top 10 globally in their respective mega categories.”
Hawaiian Airlines was ranked as having the best airlines on time performance 2018 in North America. Hawaiian Airlines also finished with the third best airlines on time performance in the world in 2017. AirBaltic finished with the best world airlines on time performance 2018 with an on time percentage of 90.01%.
The OAG report has 5 categories of airports: small (2.5-5 million departing seats per year), medium (5-10 million per year), large (10-20 million per year), major (20-30 million per year), and mega (30+ million per year). Here are the best airports on time performance in the world 2018 in the mega airport category:
- Tokyo Haneda had the best airports on time performance in the world with 86.75% OTP
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta airport had the best airports on time performance in the US, good for 3rd best airport in the world at 82.38% OTP
- Denver International airport had the 2nd best airports on time performance in the US at 82.24% OTP (4th best in the world)
- Other US airports: Dallas/Ft. Worth 5th best in the world (81.36% OTP), Chicago O'Hare 7th best in the world (79.85% OTP), Los Angeles LAX 11th best in the world (74.66% OTP)
- See the best airlines on time performance 2018 for US airlines
- See the best world airlines on time performance 2018
Many more interesting articles about free travel with airline miles and points, and money saving ideas here:
Here are some other helpful articles you might be interested in. These can help you live a frugal and debt free life, and make the most of your finances:
More useful links & information on how to earn free travel, and on other airline credit cards, hotel and travel airline credit cards to help you to earn free travel:
Book Hotels & Find Great Hotel Deals (over 1.4 million hotels)
Airline credit cards and hotel & travel credit cards are the best way to earn enough miles or points to enjoy free travel, whether for business or for vacation.
There are also other ways you can earn airline and travel miles or points.
Happy traveling !