The new Bank Of America Premium Rewards Card was officially introduced back in September 2017. The Bank Of America Premium Rewards card 50,000 points bonus is Bank Of America's attempt to enter the premium rewards card market, to compete against cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. Here is our review the Bank Of America Premium Rewards card 50,000 points bonus and the benefits.
Bank Of America Premium Rewards Card 50,000 Points Bonus Review
Bank Of America officially introduced the Bank Of America Premium Rewards card in September 2017. The card offers a fairly high sign up bonus which can be used for a statement credit (cash back) in your Bank Of America or Merryll Lynch accounts. The points can also be used to purchase travel through Bank Of America travel center, or you can purchase gift cards.
Here are the details and our review of the Bank Of America Premium Rewards card 50,000 points bonus and the benefits:
- Bonus: 50,000 points
- Spend Requirement: $3000 in the first 3 months
- Annual Fee: $95 (not waived the first year)
- Type Of Card: Premium Rewards Visa Signature card
- Other Benefits:
- 2x points on travel & dining
- 1.5x on everything else
- Preferred Rewards clients can earn up to 3.5x on travel & dining and 2.6x on everything else (if you are a Bank Of America or Merryll Lynch customer, you can get between 25% to 75% additional rewards bonus on purchases, depending on how much is in your account)
- $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre√ every 4 years
- $100 credit for domestic airline incidental costs (baggage fees, in-flight purchases, lounge access...)
- Points do not expire
- Redeeming Points: various ways you can redeem your points:
- Cash back at 1% (each point is worth 1 cent) into your Bank of America or Merryll Lynch accounts
- Travel through the Bank Of America Travel Center (flights, hotel, car)
- Gift Cards
The Bank Of America Premium Rewards card 50,000 points bonus would be a good card to get if you can get approved. There is nothing spectacular about the bonus, but 50,000 points (worth $500) and a card that earns a minimum of 2% on travel & dining and 1.5% on all other purchases is a solid option. If you are a Bank Of America or Merryll Lynch customer your bonus could go up to 3.5% on travel & dining and 2.625% on all remaining purchases, which is even better.
You need over $100,000 in Bank Of America or Merryll Lynch accounts to get the highest reward bonus. The $100 annual airline credit for domestic airline incidental costs helps to offset the $95 annual fee, which is not waived the first year. And the $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre√ is nice to have.
Many more interesting articles about free travel with airline miles and points, and money saving ideas here:
Here are some other helpful articles you might be interested in. These can help you live a frugal and debt free life, and make the most of your finances:
More useful links & information on how to earn free travel, and on other airline credit cards, hotel and travel airline credit cards to help you to earn free travel:
Book Hotels & Find Great Hotel Deals (over 1.4 million hotels)
Airline credit cards and hotel & travel credit cards are the best way to earn enough miles or points to enjoy free travel, whether for business or for vacation.
There are also other ways you can earn airline and travel miles or points.
Happy traveling !